Saturday, October 29, 2011

Scarecrow Classic 5K

This morning I walked in the Scarecrow Classic  to raise money for the Brain Injury Association of Maryland.  I am not sure how much my participation actually raised money for the BIA, surely a little bit being that their sponsors probably covered the costs of administering the race.  There are so many walks these days for all sorts of causes.  In looking at the Charm City (Baltimore) runners website, it looked like there was at least one race each weekend through November.  I wonder how many of them actually raise any money.  I suppose every little bit helps.  I think I could become a 5K junkie.  Kristina and I made a resolution of sorts to run this race next year instead of walking.  I've been running a little bit over the past month or so without any motivation other than improved health (which you would think is enough); however, I think picking up a 5K "habit" might actually help me ramp it up some.  When I got to the car this morning I had to scrape the ice off my windshield, and Tom was concerned the race's course might be too slippery for him to run.  So, I best take advantage of the VA gym's cheap rates (unfortunately, not in my building, but nearby) and sign up for payroll deductions to make it possible for me to get into running shape one treadmill mile at a time.

No comments: